Kein Ausgang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hetalia AU sent in a German POW camp in 1942

2 posters

Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones
    Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones Empty Alfred F. Jones

Post  Alfred F. Jones Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Alfred F. Jones

Alfred F. Jones M1a1-1

Name: Alfred F. Jones
    Nationality: American
    Prisoner/Guard: Prisoner
    The time they've been in the camp: a couple months

Appearance:
    A sunny boy, Alfred is gold and tan and bright all over. Years down in the Tennessee farm means his blonde hair has a healthy sheen and arms are as toned as they come. From days of hard labour, his hands are large and calloused, but warm. Back in the old town, he was quite the charmer, with his baby face and bright blue eyes, but of course, he's still barely a man, and for all his physical fitness, he hardly has the fuzz to match.

Standing at an average height of 5 foot 9, he has a pair of slightly unnecessary corrective lenses, and before the service, some pretty long hair with a cowlick on the hairline that just wouldn't go away. Suffice to say, that was taken care of on the first day there. Being in the service should have also taken care of his messiness too, but it's not uncommon to see his bed unintentionally haphazardly made, or even himself haphazardly dressed. Common attire was a pair of ragged jeans and a button up. Thankfully there's ample opportunity in the camp during summer to just forego a shirt. His vision is really good enough to pass the test for piloting, but he bought a pair of glasses anyways, and mainly has them just as a precaution.

Personality:
    A generally cheerful person, he likes to think himself optimistic, not naive. When circumstances don't swing his way, he tries to push on, but inside, he's always busy planning for ways to improve the situation. When the market crash happened while he was just 6, it matured him real fast, and he's learned to keep a strong face for his two younger brothers. He could be calf deep in cow manure, and still have an infectious smile on his face, never failing to elicit a chuckle and lighten the mood. Before the depression, he was a bit spoiled, and developed something of a sweet tooth, but with the family's finances the way it is, he's become frugal in his choices. With both parents constantly out trying to make ends meet, Alfred grew to be self reliant and relatively independent. He leaves the cooking to his older brother though.
    In the service, he was known equally for both his bravery and foolishness. His strong sense of justice led to some testy situations, but if he had stayed a bit longer, perhaps he could have really been something great. In a ways, his life in Tennessee really prepared him well for the military; from a young age, he learned respect for the guns in deer season, and for the same reason, he can have a cautious air when need be. The rest of the time though, he’s loud and brash, and gets on people’s nerves, though his naturally likeable aura saves him from harm. He’s also got no complaints for the harsh military life; waking up at the crack of dawn to milk the cows happens to translate nicely to waking with the sun for roll call.

History:
    Born into a good farming family down deep in the Tennessee valley in the midst of the roaring twenties, his childhood stories were made of the glorious tales of his father in world war one. He was the second of four, and took care of his brothers well. He went to the catholic school like everyone else, and dreamt of battles. Life was good, but they were soon hit hard by the depression, and he let his grades drop to help out at the farm. Thankfully, his father never did turn to drink like so many of their friends, and through the dark years before the war, the family managed to stay together. Recently though, Roosevelt and his administration have been doing their jobs, and when WWII broke out, the oldest was drafted near the start, and though it took away some help, the checks sent home were more than enough. His dad just missed the age limit, and sulked a bit because of it. As soon as Alfred turned 17 his parents tearfully - but proudly- sent him off to enlist in the USAAF.

They refused to train him for a pilot at just 17, so he became an aircraft mechanic. Lucky for him, the very next year America joined the allies. Now severely short of personnel, they sent him in the first shipment to Great Britain on January 26 of 1942, and was slated to receive training with the RAF. He transferred from the landing site in Northern Ireland to a more southern base, closer to the action. Not so lucky for him, on a minor, inadvertent skirmish early in the year, Alfred was captured in occupied France, and transported to the small camp soon after. He's just settling in, but finds that as far as POW camps go, this one wasn't so bad; the rural setting and job opportunities fit his experiences, and helped stave off the boredom- with so little guards and even prisoners, his flamboyant personality was a bit suppressed. The food was good enough- certainly better than in some of his memories as a teenager- and the housing adequate. Perhaps the one thing he doesn’t want to think about too much is the cooler. Maybe it was the solitude or silence that got to him, since he never really had a quiet life, but he hopes there won’t be a chance to go down there.

RP Sample: (I hope it's alright that it's unrelated to this AU?)
    First day and he was already late; rushing through the motions, he barely had the uniform on before running out the door. Thankfully, the post wasn't too far, and they just needed to be there at attendance time. He waved hello's to friends he passed- getting a variety of responses- and managed to sign in on time, just outside the gates. Reaching the entrance, Alfred jogged lightly up to the restaurant off to the side; he hadn't had breakfast that morning, and during the job orientation he'd vaguely heard about something like a self-serve center in it. Poking his head in the door of the place, he looked around the slightly darkened registry area. Walking in tentatively, he stood awkwardly while deciding whether to shout out or not. Suddenly, he realized there was the sound of a gurgling coffee machine and almost breathed out in relief. He walked towards the room and looked in to see a pale-haired young man perhaps around the same age as himself preparing toast. Alfred grinned and stepped into the room.

"Hey there! My name's Alfred, how're you doin'?"

Out of character

Name: Just use some variation of my character's name and I'll respond! :)
    Timezone/Country: GMT-5/United States of America
    A little about yourself: I like RPing America, but I don't do it often, and slightly awkwardly, I also RP Germany. As far as experience goes... I guess I'm intermediate? I do hope I can improve on this and writing in general. But beyond that, I'm in high school now, and I enjoy drawing.
    Anything Else?: red!

Arthur Kirkland
    Arthur Kirkland
    Admin

Alfred F. Jones Empty Re: Alfred F. Jones

Post  Arthur Kirkland Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:38 pm

8D Alright, Monseiur Alfred, you are accepted! Feel free to RP and stuff, come in to the chatbox again

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:52 am